Monday, January 12, 2009

Notes for January 12, 2009

I have been getting to enjoy watching the bluebirds in my yard. They are going to the suet cake feeder more often than the hedge or the dogwood (both with berries). I am noticing problems with the squirrels on the suet feeders. In years past the squirrels never bothered the suet feeders. I have a gallon glass jar feeder just for the squirrels and I put out whole corn as well. This year I am doing the same but noticing the squirrels on the suet feeder. I think its because that in past years I rarely had more than three squirrels in my yard. This year I seem to count at least 6 or 7 squirrels at a time, So there might be more competition for food.

I am starting to look through the numerous seed catalogs but I have yet to inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment