Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Notes for June 1, 2010

Saturday I finally got out to the garden.  I planted tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.  I also planted a second planting of beans.  The cucumbers I started from seed and I think I lost only one plant while transplanting the cardboard pots (I heard the stem go snap as I planted it).  I planted about 32 of my own tomato plants and I planted about 24 more of the volunteer plants.  I really had to, the volunteers were about 3x larger than my plants.  I had only one pepper plant germinate so I ordered some online to get the shorter season variety.  I had to do alot of weeding before I could get any planting done.  I ended up working about 4 hours after my body said stop.
 
I picked some more spinach too.  I finished picking the radishes last week.
 
Now I have lots of mulching to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment