Friday, June 29, 2007

Rabbits

I have been gardening for 20 years and I have been living in my current home since 2000. This year is the first time ever that I have had trouble with a rabbit. My former residence was near a lake that was only partially developed and probably had foxes nearby that kept the rabbits down.

The rabbit ate the tops of my string beans and some branches of the tomatoes and when he ate the tops of the sunflowers, I had to do something. I already had a 3 ft fence (attached to cedar poles to keep my dogs out but the openings were 2 inch by 3 inch and he would squeeze through. I ended up buying 1 inch chicken wire and attaching it to the inside of the fence using plastic wire ties (the black ones are UV rated). That seems to have done the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment