Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Notes for April 7, 2009

Well I did empty the rain gauge again on Friday with 0.6".

Saturday I did get some of the leaves taken care of but I was battling 30 mph winds, so the front yard will have to wait. (especially since there were more blowing into my yard from across the street). What I ended up getting taken care of was priority 4. I was able to clean the mortar off the cinder blocks I got this winter and now my two compost bins are complete.

Yesterday I emptied 1.05" from the rain gauge after I got home from work and noticed the onions starting to sprout.

On Sunday I noticed some of my celebrity tomato plants sprouting and yesterday there were more including the large tomatoes, the Juliet grape tomato and some of the green peppers. It looks like the grow mat definitely helped the peppers get started. It normally takes them two weeks to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment