Friday, August 24, 2007

Notes for August 24, 2007

If all goes well to plan, which its rarely does, I will have planted this weekend: carrots, beets and spinach. I have some empty space where my onions and green beans were.

I have two sunflowers in bloom. They are only 5 feet tall this year. The past couple of years they were 8 to 9 feet tall by now but they are stunted from the rabbit I had in my yard earlier this year. Then the plants were small when they were attacked by the carpenter (or large black) ants. Usually when they get attacked by the ants, they are already 4 feet tall and can survive nicely. But this year they were smaller due to the rabbit. I almost pulled out the plants when they were 18" tall and looking ghastly.

And guess what, I have more green beans to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment