Monday, August 27, 2007

Notes for August 27, 2007

It was so hot and humid on Saturday morning that I cut short my work list since it felt like I had been swimming in my clothes by 10 AM.

I did pick tomatoes and cucumbers and green beans, pulled a bunch of weeds (enough that I had to use the rake to gather up the piles) and then I planted new seeds. I planted carrots (first try), beets, radish and spinach. My harvest of tomatoes and cucumbers is starting to slow. Instead of picking a bag and a half of tomatoes, I only picked a half a bag.

While picking tomatoes, I removed two tomato hornworms and I tried not to disturb the praying mantis. While picking green beans I noticed that the lima beans are starting to form pods and that several green beans have wrapped themselves around the sunflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment