Monday, August 6, 2007

Notes for August 6, 2007

Rain! Yes it's finally happened. I emptied about 1/2 an inch from the rain gauge this morning and there is more rain forecasted today. Hopefully we'll get some. Last night we did have a small thunderstorm cell pass overhead and we did hear it down pour. We also heard it thunder and we all jumped out of skin when he had lightning hit nearby (like when you hear the thunder just as you are thinking that was a bright one and the thunder shakes the house before you can say it).

The tomato horn worm has been active and I have removed several over the weekend. I found one that was covered egg casings so I left him alone. Over the weekend I was happy to see that he hadn't moved from the spot I found him.

I picked green beans Saturday morning but it's been so hot without any rain they were rather wilted. I will have to try and remember to pick them on the day after I water them and maybe they won't be so wilted. They seemed to be OK after I put them in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment