Monday, November 26, 2007

Notes for November 26, 2007

Hope everyone had a joyous and safe thanksgiving.

The wife asked for my Christmas list and she had the nerve to ask why I need two more grow lights . This year I plan on starting more seeds and will probable be asking for grow lights the next several Christmas's. This past Spring, I finally figured out how to get healthy plants from grow lights. The seedling has to be nearly touching the light and then you don't get leggy plants. So I plan to increase my grow lights each year.

On Thanksgiving morning I picked another carrot to check their size and now they are (or at least some) are the size of my whole pinky finger and not just one knuckle). I watered the carrot patch on Friday and maybe I will get some larger carrots yet. Its raining today so they will enjoy it. Also on Friday I drained the garden hoses for winter storage.

I hurt my back last week (I still haven't figured out how). It started hurting Tuesday evening but I hadn't done any demanding physical work since Saturday when I mulched the leaves in my yard. So needless to say, not much work got done over the holiday weekend. I had ambitions of cleaning and decorating and leaf mulching, but not much happened. But at least I can tell with this pain that its only a muscle pull and not associated with the two herniated disks I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment