Monday, November 5, 2007

Notes for November 5, 2007

I did not mulch the leaves in my yard this past weekend. They weren't as heavy. I will have to mulch them next weekend.

The fall colors around here are in full swing. I saw two different places that would have made a beautiful picture. The first one was looking across a pasture with a forested area in the back with all the colors of fall. The second place was a small narrow lake that was flat as glass with freshly fallen leaves floating on the water around the edges of the lake along with about 20 geese and all the colors of the trees reflecting off the water.

We didn't get any rain this past week so I decided to water my carrots (it would be nice to pick some around thanksgiving. We're supposed to get rain tonight into tomorrow morning. I also picked some radishes yesterday too (just a few).

I refilled the birdfeeder (just black oil sunflower) and I refilled the thistle feeder. The suet cake in the back yard in half gone but the one in front doesn't look touched (even though I did see the downy woodpecker on it on Saturday). I picked off the four dead heads of sunflower from my garden and busted up the heads and spread them on the ground under the birdfeeder, they are probably gone now. I need to get some squirrel mix to put in my glass jar squirrel feeder. It's so funny to see a squirrel inside a glass jar. I built a squirrel feeder with a gallon glass jar from the plans I found in the magazine "Birds and Blooms". Haven't seen the bluebirds we had all summer in several weeks, but they will probably be around some time during the winter, they seem to like the berries from the dogwood and the hedge in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment