Monday, June 16, 2008

Notes for June 16, 2008


This picture is of a 4 foot tall evergreen by our front door. Now we know why the male Robin has been going psycho on our cars in the driveway!


Over the weekend we got about only 0.1" inches of rain. It seemed like Moses was living in south Jersey. The rain went to the north of us to near Trenton and to the south of us like Delaware. So I had to water this weekend. That makes about 0.2" in the past two weeks. Thunderstorms are forecasted this evening, maybe we'll be the target.


Yesterday (yes on fathers day) I worked in the yard for a couple of hours. I had too, since I had to work on Saturday and then went directly to our church to help out with our annual chicken barbecue. I left the house at 6:30 and didn't get home until Saturday night around 8:30. So on Sunday afternoon I planted 26 cucumber seedlings and then mulched my sunflowers and my second row of green beans. In between I watered everything. The ironic thing was that we had a five minute shower while I was planting the cucumbers. It was heavy enough for me to stop and open up a folding chair in the shed and sit for a few minutes. All it really did was successfully make me look as if I was wading in the creek, my pants were wet from the knees down from kneeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment