Monday, July 21, 2008

Notes for July 21, 2008

I hated to do it but it was the only time open in my schedule. I had to water during mid day. I had about an hour and a half after I got home from church and it was the only I had yesterday. I watered everything in my veggie garden. I did not water the flower beds. We haven't had rain for a week now and last night I saw a line of thunderstorms on the weather radar come across the state of Pennsylvania. This morning everything was as dry as it was when I went to bed. No rain. Again the line must have died at the Delaware River or shortly thereafter. I swear this is the only drawback living in the coastal plain in the summer time. The ocean has quite a moderating effect on our weather.

Anyway, I did pick about 8 cucumbers and three cherry tomatoes yesterday. I also picked about 2/3 of my onions. They are in "flats" used to hold trays of plants (like when you buy a flat of annuals). I am going to let them sit there for a week and then put them in the shed to continue drying for two more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment