Thursday, July 24, 2008

Notes for July 24, 2008

We didn't get any rain during the day yesterday but we did get some thunder. There were some really heavy storms that passed by to our west (watching the radar they traveled from southwest to northeast, passing to our west) but we didn't get any of that. I had to pick up my daughter and a friend of hers last night and went through some really heavy stuff only to find that it had hardly rained at our home.

But this morning its raining. Nothing heavy but a nice gentle rain. I didn't empty the rain gauge but curiosity got the best of me. I walked up a took a glance and it looks like we have near a half an inch so far. So the grass and the gardens are enjoying it. It looks like the rain will be stopping some time in mid morning but I had hoped for more to alleviate some stress on my well. All signs of a half an inch in my yard will be gone in two dry days, but I will take it. One less day to water.
I picked some cucumbers last night and ate a couple of cherry tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment