Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Notes for July 8, 2008

I finally got some measurable rain yesterday. When I got home from work, I emptied 0.7" from the rain gauge.

Friday on the fourth of July my family and I went to our family picnic which on the 4th is always at this particular Aunt & Uncle's house. I have been married for 23 years so I have been going to this picnic for lets say 25 years and I have gotten to know their neighbors (at least by name). This year as we are pulling in the driveway, the neighbor on that side is cleaning out a garden of its daylillies. At first glance, they appeared to be the common orange variety. At second glance, I noticed they were the double bloom orange variety (after one of the cousin's husband went over there and began helping the neighbor and took several clumps for himself). So I went over there and got a few too (since the neighbor was just throwing them out and I don't have any double bloom orange daylillies). Would any of you done the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment