Thursday, March 12, 2009

Notes for March 12, 2009

I finally got my seed/plant orders off. I ordered the usual as well as some new things. I ordered some ferns, some Hosta, an orange Iris and a red Iris, a pink dogwood and a magnolia.

My local garden center has onion sets in but they aren't open on weekends yet, so I am asking the wife to stop by. Hopefully I will plant them this weekend.

I stopped at the Aunt and Uncle's house on my way home from work yesterday and picked up a five gallon bucket of wood ashes that they saved from their wood burrning stove. They have another one nearly full and are still using the stove, so I am probably going to drop off another empty bucket maybe next week. I also picked up a small bag of bone meal this past weekend and will prepare the onion patch with the bone meal, some wood ashes and a healthy layer of ground up leaves before planting. Then I will get to the piles of wind drifted leaves around the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment