Monday, March 23, 2009

Notes for March 23, 2009

All right! Things have started! I finally got out in the yard yesterday and did something. I planted onions (yellow and purple). To prepare the onion bed, I added leaf mulch, bone meal and wood ashes and then turned the soil. After leveling it off, I added a little more wood ash and bone meal and then scratched it in before planting the onions.

Then I started working on the wind blown leaf piles in my yard. The first one I took care of was the one against the house by the back door. Since our back door is two steps below grade, the door well gets leaves and then the leaves get tracked into the house. Then I cleaned out the leaves along the back fence where the daffodils are coming up .

Not bad for two hours of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment