Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Night Memorial Day weekend -5/22/2009

Lots on the list to do this weekend and I was able to get a start on it tonight. I even had help.

The first thing on the list was to cut the grass. I am feeling better and my college aged son even helped me cut the grass. I think he was feeling guilty since I asked him to cut the grass if he got a chance this week. We happen to have two mowers so it took half the time. When my mom downsized, she gave me her mower. I was even more surprised that it started since I used it a couple of times last year just to run it.

After cutting the grass I used my string trimmer that I got for Christmas and had better luck with it this time. I had to fix the string only once this time. I also missed fewer spots.

As I was taking my usual rest (sitting on my back patio and watching the wildlife come back into the yard) and downing a water bottle or one of my kids sports drinks, I noticed my daughter had got in the shower so it was no use going into the house to get mine, so I did some weeding. While weeding I noticed that my yellow Stella D'Oro daylilly is starting to bud as well as some of my common orange daylillies.

Tomorrow - PLANTING VEGGIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment