Saturday, May 30, 2009

Notes for May 30, 2009

Here is one of the Iris from my yard. This Iris is an original from my yard, meaning it was here when we moved in.
Here is the veggie garden. Onions are in front of the fence on the left. In fron of the fence on the right are daffodils (when they start to wilt, i will mow them over). Just behind the fence are two rows of radishes and then a row of string beans. In between are black posts where I will tie twine in between for supporting sunflowers. Behind the string beans are peppers and tomatoes (too small to see in this picture) and along the back two fences are cukes.

Here are the onions planted in fron of the veggie garden. You can also see the leftover seeds started and starting some more annuals to the right.


Here is a patch of Bee Balm that I planted from one pot two years ago. I love to see this buzzing with hummingbirds.



Here is some Spiderwort. It is a common wildflower here in some areas of New Jersey. I had some at the last place I lived and I fell in love with it. I have some white but I think the red didn't live through the winter.

Last night a friend came over and we cut down some dead oak trees. This morning I cleaned up the debris from the tree felling.
I also started some more Cosmos seeds. I did not get the germination from what I started earlier. So I planted some more mixed and I also planted some of just orange and some of just red. I got a packet of red as a freebie from ordering seeds and I got the orange with an application to join some mail order gardening club. Thought I would give them a try.
I also mulched the first green beans and planted the second green beans.



No comments:

Post a Comment