Friday, May 29, 2009

Here is a perennial I started from seed last year and I have no clue what it is. I think I grew it because my daughter picked it out because of its pretty blue color. I like the color too. Note the red Rhododendron finishing blooming in the background.


Here is an Iris I bought last year from a retired woman who has a perennial business.


This Iris I got from my brothers house. He remarried and they bought a new house a couple of years ago that had this Iris.


Here is my Mountain Pink in bloom.


Here is one of my Rhododendrons.

I emptied 0.5" from the rain gauge this morning. I was awoken at 4:30 AM with a couple of rumbles of thunder and some heavy rain.

This morning I remembered something else I did yesterday but failed to blog. I tied twine to the posts I put up for the sunflowers. I put three levels of double twine and as the sunflowers grow, I just put the plants in between the double twine. Once the plants are about 4 ft tall, they really don't need any support but until they are that tall, they do need support.

No comments:

Post a Comment