Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Notes for August 19, 2009

Last night I picked tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. With the abundance of Juliet tomatoes, I even brought some into work today. I think I might change the number of plants next year. Instead of 12 plants of small tomatoes (cherry/grape or juliet again), I may decrease it to 9 and increase the medium sized tomato plant. I may even try a earlier variety to see how that works.

As I was picking last night I was thinking that I should water the carrot seeds but never did. Mother Nature took care of that for me. I emptied 0.5" from the rain gauge this morning.

2 comments:

  1. SJ,
    So did they like your tomatoes?
    I do the same with my husbands tomatoes etc...not many people get back to let me know if they liked them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there aren't but a few of us where I work that have successful gardens and so they will take them home.

    ReplyDelete