Thursday, April 8, 2010

Noted for April 8, 2010

Well, on a night that felt more like August than April with the sound of peepers instead of crickets, I raked my back yard last night of the branches/sticks that fell throughout the winter.  Now I have about 15 to 20 little piles of debris all over the yard to pick up the next time I get to the yard (probably Saturday).  I needed to get them raked because my backyard will probably need mowing by Saturday.
 
The plan on Saturday will be to pick up the piles of debris, and plant the Easter flowers we picked up (tulips and hyacinths) and the two azaleas I bought to decorate the church.  Then depending on the time and how much energy I have left I am thinking of mowing the back yard.  After the yards first mowing I usually change the mower blade and air filter and spark plug to be set for cutting grass for the rest of the summer.  The first mowing always mulches up any debris left in the yard which I think is better with an old blade.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it...spring bulbs are a must !
    Lots of cleaning needed here too....slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patsi. I'm really trying to get them planted as soon as possible. I've noticed in the past if I wait til they are done blooming they usually don't come up next spring.

    ReplyDelete