Monday, April 12, 2010

Notes for April 12, 2010

Friday I emptied 0.5" from the rain gauge.
 
Saturday morning I made a trip to a local garden center and purchased two small bags of bulb tone and a small bag of holly tone. When I got home, the first thing I did was to pick up the piles of branches that I reaked up earlier this week.  Then I mulched the onions since the stems were on average about 5" long.  Then I planted the Easter tulips and hyacinths and the two azaleas, mixing in the fertilizers and a healthy handful of ground up leaves.  After planting, I actually had to cut the grass in the back yard or as I like to say, I lowered the weeds.
 
My radishes have germinated nicely and will have to be thinned one night this week.  The spinach has also started to sprout.  Indoors the tomatoes have started to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment