Friday, November 6, 2009

Notes for Friday November 6th, 2009

Wednesday morning the thermometer read 31 degrees when I got up, but there wasn't any visible frost on the ground or on my car.  What I did notice was the silence.  The silence of winter before the birds wake up when there are no crickets to greet you.  The silence that is only broken by passing cars or neighbors getting ready for work.
 
My cosmos, marigolds, zinnias and daisies are still doing fine.  If I remember, I will try to take pictures on Saturday as I mulch some more leaves.  There hasn't been many more leaves fallen since Saturday but its supposed to be windy today so I am sure there will be more.
 
This morning it was 34 degrees and with the recent time change to the clocks, I am now driving to work at twilight and returning home at twilight.  Combine that with the leaves falling from the trees and I have the right conditions and the right time to view hawks sitting up in the tops of trees near open fields waiting to spot there next meal.  It is always an awesome sight.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, due to my lack of blogging, I've been spammed.

    ReplyDelete