Monday, November 16, 2009

Notes for Monday November 16, 2009

With the remnants of Hurricane Tropical Storm Ida passing by to our south and then reforming into a typical NorEaster, we got 1.4" of rain over a three day period.
 
On Sunday morning, I can't remember how many times I went back and forth deciding whether or not to mulch leaves in the afternoon.  When I got up it was cloudy and so damp it was dripping off the trees.  It didn't look like it was going to dry out enough to mulch leaves.  Then when I left for church it was getting brighter and it started to nag at me that if I didn't do it today then when? (especially since the long range forecast looks like we might get rain again just before the weekend).  So after I got home from church, I did end up mulching leaves that were still wet but picked up by the mower.  I kept telling myself as I was pushing the mower, "I have to do what I can, when I can," and it seemed to fit.  At least this time I did get a little further into the back yard and it looks like no more leaves will be falling.  There are still a few trees with leaves but those oaks don't seem to give them up until spring.  So after I finish the back yard (hopefully next weekend) then all I have left to do is to mulch the leaves as they pile up in my yard from the wind (from either of my neighbors).

No comments:

Post a Comment