Monday, March 21, 2011

week 2 Part 2?

As expected I never did make it outside on Sunday.  There was just too much to do inside that needed to get done.
 
As you can see I have a golden retriever.  We also have two other dogs.  Late last Spring we adopted a beagle puppy from a beagle rescue society.  And right before Christmas we inherited an older corgi mix dog from a friend of the family who had a stroke and could no longer take care of the dog (my wife and I were designated godparents a few years earlier).  So every night is a three dog night (pun intended).  Anyway, Saturday evening I had to chase the two smaller dogs out of my onion patch SEVERAL times (luckily I hadn't planted the onions yet).  Apparently they were looking for the bone I buried.  But of course they didn't find one but they dug a bunch of holes and found only BONE MEAL!  Sunday I kept checking on them and it appears they either got the message to stay out of that garden or they got tired of trying to find the bone?  I was thinking that if they were in it again on Sunday I may have to put up a better fence around the onions.
 
The daffodils are in a strong bloom right now and the forsythia are starting to bud.
 
Next time I am at the farm/garden center to get dog food, I will also get a couple of air filters and a new blade for the mower.  Since I use my mower to mulch leaves, the blade is always worn down enough to make me think that sharpening isn't really an option.
 
This next weekend I hope to turn the veggie garden, plant the onions and mulch some more leaves piled up in various places in the yard.  If I get a nice evening I may get an earlier start but I have some indoor repairs to work on this week as well, and the weather looks to be cooler again so an evening outside appears unlikely at this point.
 
On the agenda as well this Spring...
 
We got a new well installed back in November and I need to get some topsoil to fill in the truck ruts.  That will be the next priority after the radishes and spinach are planted.
 
I need to get on the roof and clean the gutters and replace the hardware store gutter covers which work fairly well but some of them are old and need replacing.  I don't think the gutters are too clogged.  They were once before, and it was then that I noticed that the gutters would drip for several days after a rain.  They aren't dripping like that now.
 
My tomato seeds are starting to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment