Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Notes for May 13, 2008

I emptied the rain gauge this morning with 0.5 inches. This morning was also cold for a May morning, it was 38 degrees F and was awakened to the crop duster spraying the township for gypsy moths.

I was really annoyed to see a sprinkler system on one of neighbors homes after we just got some rain on my way to work this morning. Every sprinkler system ought to have a moisture sensor!

I did pick a few radishes on Sunday and with this cool weather I will be picking more.

I have not been having good luck getting my green beans to germinate. Its been too cold or we have had several days of warmer weather together to get them to germinate. I guess I should have used black plastic mulch to warm up the soil. I take a black plastic trash bags and cut it into strips. But I was lazy this year and I have planted the beans twice now and hardly any has germinated (so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment