Thursday, May 15, 2008

Notes for May 15, 2008

Last night I planted 19 blades of Iris, 2 Sedums, 2 Geraniums and one red Spiderwort. I also planted some annuals into flower pots for the front steps. I moved the red Rhododendron to a place where I am thinking of planting it and then outlined a small garden around it with some edging I had leftover. I finished at 8:20 and it wouldn't have been so dark and it not been cloudy.

My Bleeding Heart plant is doing well. I have a white one and since its doing well in my yard, I am thinking of getting more.

I have four more dead trees in my yard, two are small and all the way in the back, and the other two I am thinking of having cut down.

This morning's temperature was in the 50's and cloudy. I also did hear the crop duster spraying somewhere nearby (I suspect for gypsy moths). He got my place yesterday as evidenced by the white spots all over my car.

I probably won't work outside again until Saturday and if the weather cooperates I am planning on making trips to the horse farm for manure. Unfortunately I don't have a truck so I load it into 5 gallon buckets and put them in my car (or the wife's van). I am also probably going to place my seedlings from under the light into the back yard. This is the weekend I like to plant my tomatoes and peppers but it doesn't look like that's going to happen this year. If I get the manure on Saturday then I will plant any and every evening I get a chance to in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment