Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Notes for May 14, 2008

Again it was 38 degrees F this morning and was awakened to crop dusters spraying for gypsy moths (5:30 AM). My car is covered in white specks. I am complaining about it being cold in the morning and yet my northern friend I think is still waiting for snow to melt?

There is a woman from church of retirement age who has a perennial flower business. The Iris are starting to bloom and so I stopped by her place. I bought a bunch (about 18 stalks) of Iris, two Sedums (large variety), two hardy Geraniums and a red (more like fuscia) Spiderwort. I plan on planting them tonight.

It was a nice sunny day yesterday and its supposed to be today and even warmer (low 70s). Hopefully it will be enough to get my green beans to germinate. I looked at them last night and it looks like they will today (anyone who has planted green beans will know that when they start to break out of their seeds the ground cracks and last night I saw that the ground had started to crack).

No comments:

Post a Comment