Thursday, July 30, 2009

Notes for Thursday July 30, 2009

Well after being teased for the last five or six days, I finally got some measurable rain. It had been raining all around us the past week and all we got was occasional sprinkles. Last night's rain was accompanied with strong winds and decent lighting storm. I say "decent" because I like thunderstorms. This morning I emptied 0.9" from the rain gauge and noticed I have some branches to pick up before cutting the grass the next time. Last night when I got home from work I did pick six cukes and two Juliet tomatoes (I thought they were a grape tomato but they are more like a small plumb).

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how fast those cukes develop! Ah, yes, finally some decent watering..but putting a damper on our deck repair project! How about some pics of your veg garden?

    ReplyDelete