Thursday, July 9, 2009

What's in bloom?

We'll start off with a bonus, two for the price of one. We have a dark red daylilly and some white Yarrow.


Here is a lavender day lilly.



And now I have a double bloomer! There is a story to go with this one. Got this one (and others not blooming this year) from the next door neighbor of a relative while attending the annual fourth of July family picnic last year.



Any guesses? How about ONION! Yes, my onions are in bloom.



Here is a look at my onion patch. they are starting to fall over so I will be picking in a few weeks.

Yesterday I watered the veggie garden and the annuals planted this year. Tied and trimmed the tomatoes (thank goodness that most of the stunted one are looking better). I figure the wet and not very warm June has put me back about a month. I also picked 10 cucumbers.

1 comment:

  1. Love lilies.
    We have no cucumbers yet. Not right ! lol
    EVERYTHING is slow for us do to weather and starting seeds late.

    ps don't need to leave URL with comments...your name is clickable.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete