Wednesday, October 10, 2007

IT RAINED!

Yes it rained last night (along with some rumbles of thunder) and this morning I emptied about 0.4" from the rain gage (of course it was right before I went to work and so it had to be by the light of the flashlight, I just had to know how much we got). I'll take it. I heard on the radio this morning that the areas to the west and south of us got at least an inch and some areas more. So it looks like we got shorted again (it happens when you live in the coastal plain, I am about 45 minutes from the ocean and it has an effect on us. Many local weather forecasters who have been doing it for years notice that we don't get any measurable snow in the winter time that lasts for more than a few hours unless the ocean water temperature near us is in the 30's. Any warmer and we get rain or its gone by noon.).

Any way, I'll take any rain at this point. The carrots should enjoy it and I probably should pick some radishes in the next few days. They are calling for more showers Thursday and Friday and it would be nice as well as high temp in the 60's this weekend with lows near 40. At the very least it should be much better sleeping weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment