Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Notes for October 16, 2007

Yes we did get even more rain on Friday but not much. I emptied 0.2" from the rain gage when I got home from work.

I picked about half a dozen radishes. None of the rest are forming radishes yet (and I was concerned about them splitting). I also picked tomatoes over the weekend (both cherry tomatoes and regular). Usually after a heavy summer rain, the cherry tomatoes split but in the last two times I picked cherry tomatoes, a bunch have been splitting after I pick them.

Saturday I used the leaf blower and cleared the leaves from my driveway and then mulched and bagged them with the lawn mower. I then dumped the clippings in my compost pile to use for mulch next year. I will keep doing this until both of my compost piles are full.

I also picked up 9 buckets (five gallon size) of composted horse manure from a local horse farm (been going there for about 10 years). I will use the manure to prepare my new flower beds and to add to my onion patch after the carrots are done. I use buckets since I don't own or have easy access to a pick up truck. I get used five gallon buckets from construction site dumpsters when they are doing drywall. It takes just a little to clean them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment