Monday, August 11, 2008

Notes for August 11, 2008

Saturday I did get some yard cleaning done and planted another row of green beans (hopefully October will be nice to me). I did take some pictures over the weekend and I hope to put some up soon. I also picked cucumbers, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.

Yesterday was an interesting day. The rain that usually passes us by didn't. When I got home from church it started raining and I had to take down the two loads of laundry I hung up before church. Luckily we have room in our basement to hang clothes (which we do all winter). But it rained off and on all afternoon and the thunder and lightning never stopped. It would have been a beautiful thunderstorm had it not knocked out our power. When we got home from church the clocks were stopped at 11:30 and power came back on around 1:30. Power was only on for an hour before going out around 2:30 and not coming back until 5:15 (as I was headed out the door to pick up something for dinner; since the local delivery place was backed up and said delivery would be an hour). Any way, I emptied 1.7 inches from the rain gauge yesterday afternoon and I emptied another 0.6 inches this morning. Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment