Thursday, August 7, 2008

Notes for August 7, 2008

I watered the veggie garden and some of my flower beds last night. My cucumbers in the shady side are doing much better than the ones that get more sun. The ones in the sun seem to be getting burned, I guess I'm not watering them enough.

While I was watering my flower beds, I also did some weeding. The funny thing was that some of the weeds were tomato and watermelon plants (not surprised since I throw the rotting tomatoes and the water melon rinds in the compost pile).

Earlier this spring I transplanted a Dogwood tree. I transplanted it when the leaves were still small. I guess I should have waited until the leaves were mature because the leaves stayed the same size. Last night I noticed from a distance that half of the leaves appear to be of normal size. I will have to check this out closer.

I purchased a large green Hosta late this spring and thought it was big enough to split. I wrote earlier that the smaller one died. Last night I noticed that the larger remaining plant was in bloom. It has three stalks with white flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment