Friday, August 8, 2008

Notes for August 8, 2008

Looks to be a gorgeous weekend weather wise and I hope to get some done outside. Even though if I plant now, I won't be harvesting until October, I want to plant another row of green beans. And of course some housekeeping as well (trim some bushes, pull out the dead daylily stalks, weeding, etc.)

In early September, I am planning on planting carrots again like last year. Hopefully this year I won't be as lazy and water them when needed (last year the carrots came out small, I think from the lack of water).

I did look again at that dogwood I transplanted and it does have some leaves that have grown to normal size.

Yesterday I also noticed that seven of my sunflower plants are in bloom. I hope to take some pictures of them, people don't believe me when I say my sunflowers are 8 feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment