Thursday, July 12, 2007

Notes for July 12, 2007

I emptied 0.25 inches from the rain gauge this morning. I guess I will have to water either tonight or tomorrow (I water by hand using a wand sprayer). I like to use the rule of thumb that I read somewhere that tomato plants like two inches of rain a week. So I try to water every three or four days.

I did notice numerous cherry tomatoes getting ripe yesterday, YEA! I have at least 12 cherry tomato plants. That's how many I bought, but every year I have tomato plants that come up on their own from the tomatoes I let drop on the ground due to bad spots etc. So I've got a bunch more cherry tomato plants than I bought.

This morning when I emptied the rain gauge I did notice that the row of green beans AND the small row of LIMA BEANS I planted on Saturday has germinated. WOW! I couldn't tell if the beets I planted had germinated but then again the are much smaller and I didn't look that close. The Lima Beans are encouraging to me. I am glad to see the much better germination over the two earlier that were very poor. But it could be a combination of the larger seed and the warmer temperatures that gave a much better germination this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment