Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Notes for July 17, 2007

I did finish mulching last night. So everything I wanted to get mulched this year, is now mulched.

I watered the vegetable garden and the flower beds last night. I will need to pick tomatoes and cucumbers tonight.

I now have another daylilly in bloom and it is a dark red. I hope to have a picture later this week. Of the five I purchased and planted last fall, it is the third daylilly to bloom. The fourth has buds but the fifth does not.

I weeded the onions again and picked around 8 onions whose stems were brown. That's when I pick them (or rather dig them out) is when their stem turns all brown. They were all medium size. Now they are sitting on the picnic table for the outside to dry out a little (or at least until the stem breaks off easy). The mulch I used on the onions was grass clippings which turned out to be very weedy. Since the onions are closely planted, I guess I will stick to leaf mulch next year.

I started to plant more garden edging but the mosquitoes in my ears were too much. I should have gone into the shed and used the skin so soft that's in my fishing box but I was also tired of the sweat dripping down onto my glasses (the hat I was wearing wasn't doing a very good job of soaking up the sweat). The edging is for a third flower bed planned. I have enough edging for a fourth and that will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment