Friday, July 13, 2007

Notes for July 13, 2007


The picture is of another daylilly in bloom. Of the five I purchased and planted last fall, this is the second to bloom. There are two more with buds but the fifth does not have buds yet.


I did walk through my garden last night and did see that the beets have germinated, I just had to look closer (its easy to see germinating beans from further away). I also saw plenty of tomato suckers that need to be trimmed and numerous cherry tomatoes getting ripe.


My peppers are doing worse than they usually do. Every year at this home, I don't get peppers until September. This year the plants don't even look good. Has anyone out there had the same problem of no peppers until September? Is it something lacking in my soil? Or is it just the fact that my garden doesn't get but about 3-4 hours of good sunlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment