Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Notes for July 10, 2007

I accidentally picked two onions last night while weeding. Instead of trying to re-plant them, I laid them on the picnic table for the stems to dry out. Both onions were a good size medium onion. If they are anything like my onions in the past, they are a strong onion (not hot).

I picked my first and only ripe cherry tomato last night. Since it was only one, it never made it into the house. It was nice and sweet.

Next year I am seriously considering planting a row of green beans every three weeks instead of four rows at once. That way I am picking every week for 12 weeks and then again in the fall. But I think as the season gets later I will probably re-plant with beets so that the beets are getting serious in late September.

No comments:

Post a Comment