Friday, July 27, 2007

Notes for July 27, 2007

I watered the gardens and cut the grass but didn't do much else due to the sweat running in my eyes and the bugs in my ears.

The beets I planted a couple of weeks ago seem to be dying off. I guess its too hot for them. They were supposed to be in the shade but the sunflowers they are planted behind have taken hits from the rabbit and ants so that they are only 3 feet tall right now. The last two years my sunflowers were up to 9 feet tall.

While watering I have noticed that I have lost a couple of the perennial seedlings I planted a few weeks ago as well as a couple of my hostas I planted this year (all of my hostas are from a friend who can't grow them due to the deer in their yard).

I also need to mulch heavier. I have weeds coming up in the exposed soil spots in my veggie garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment