Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day or 1-2-3-4- Nap

Had a couple of late nights and early mornings this weekend, so a nap Sunday afternoon was good. Funny thing was that three other people in the house were also napping (hence the 1-2-3-4). The wife had the nerve of accusing me of snoring on Father's Day. Hmmmmph!

But she made up for it by getting me a digital camera (of course the hints two weeks ago helped). Now this blog will have more pics. Here are some I took today.



Last year some one gave me a 12-inch square brick of Joe Pye Weed. I cut the brick (with a hatchet) into four squares. I planted two of them next to the mailbox. This year, its looking great.

The Tiger Lillies are in full bloom this week, although last year they were about a foot taller (I swear). In this bed I planted a $3.99 Magnolia that's only 15" tall. It's in there and seems to be doing well. Yes I know it won't be seen for a couple of years.


It was in this bunch of tigers that I first spotted the rabbit this year and the following day I noticed that he had eaten some of the painted daisies.

Saturday afternoon I emptied 0.35" from the rain gauge (remember it started raining when I was planting marigolds). Sunday morning I emptied another 0.2".

No comments:

Post a Comment