Friday, June 5, 2009

Notes for Friday June 5, 2009

Emptied 0.45" from the rain gauge this morning in the rain. I hope the rain continues as they say its supposed to for the rest of the day

I have a long list of garden chores to do this weekend but the family schedule is going to take a large chunk of Saturday. I have much staking and mulching to do. And I need to transplant some annuals (some that I started and some that I dug up in the veggie garden). I have noticed that I have other marigolds coming up in my flower beds and they need to be thinned/transplanted since they are coming up in bunches where I had them planted last year. But the tomato and pepper plant staking is the priority. I may get some time Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon and evening. We have things going on tonight as well and the rain isn't supposed to let up until tonight and tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be beautiful.

As I emptied the rain gauge I observed the cosmos germination. About 50 percent of the mixed sprouted, about 20 percent of the red sprouted and none of the orange have sprouted so far. I guess I have to start them indoors and earlier. Unfortunately I don't have enough room to do as much seed starting indoors as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment