Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two tenths and a slug

I emptied 0.2" from the rain gauge this morning and flung off the attached slug from the rain gauge. Well at least I hope Mr. Toad is having a feast on my slugs. The weather this month as every one in the Northeast has said has been wet. I think we have had rain 18 of the 23 days so far. I know its play havoc with the local farmers (or at least the ones who tried to grow strawberries). In May its asparagus, in June its Strawberries and July its blueberries. Well here it is late June and the local stands still have asparagus, the strawberries are done (lasted about a week) and now the blueberries have started. Yesterday was a nice day it didn't rain until bedtime.

Here is a pic of the marigolds and zinnia that I have started from seed that are ready to plant but time and weather haven't been very accommodating.



The onion bed is looking great and a bunch are about to flower. The left half is red onions and the right half are yellow onions. The two rows of green beans are in the back ground. I have a better picture of them that I will probably post tomorrow.

Here are five buckets of chives. I have regular and garlic chives.



No comments:

Post a Comment