Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Notes for June 3, 2009

I bought this Salvia plant last year from a roadside stand.


I started this Columbine from seed last year and I didn't think it was going to survive the winter.


Here are two more Columbine that I started from seed last year and again I am still surprised they survived the winter.


Here is a beautiful yellow Iris.



I still don't remember what this plant is. I started it from seed last year. I tied it up right after taking this picture.
On Friday or Saturday of last week I saw a good size box turtle in the same flower bed as the Salvia. He was about 8 inches long. Didn't think about getting his picture until the next day.




2 comments:

  1. Your last flower looks like flox. I maybe wrong, but what the heck.
    I'm finally planting my tomatoes and peers today, radishes and lettuce are sprouted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right Kirk. They look like Flox.

    ReplyDelete