Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Notes for June 16, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. We got more rain during the night. :-) I'll take it. My sandy soil can definitely take it in. During the summer I have to water every 3 to 4 days when it doesn't rain. Anyway I emptied 0.5" this morning.

I never did work outside last night. Between the nearby thunder and honey-do list inside, I thought better to work inside and try again tonight.

I have some transplanting of annuals to do and of course some mulching. I have some yellow marigolds and cosmos ready for the veggie patch and some zinnias to go in another flower bed.

3 comments:

  1. found your blog through skippy's vegetable garden blog
    i have a small garden in northern nj
    very small
    do you ever post pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Mary.

    At this moment in time, I don't own a digital camera. I have to borrow my son's or my daughter's camera. However, that may soon change. I have been dropping enough hints for Father's Day and the wife said she has heard me (which after being married 24 years sounded like a pretty good indication it will be there on Sunday. We'll see).

    Anyway if you look at the entries from May 28 to June 3 of this year you will see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, I hope you get the gift you want - let her know the blogging community is asking!
    have a great Father's day regardless!

    ReplyDelete