Thursday, June 18, 2009

Surprise! It's raining.

I never did get out into the yard on Tuesday night. There was too much to do inside when I got home from work. So I thought I might have an opportunity last night, but surprise, it's raining.

The family schedule will prevent me from trying again either tonight or tomorrow night, so I am hoping for dryer conditions on Saturday and Sunday. Yes I know that Sunday is Father's day and the way my week has been going, working outside sounds kind of nice.

Tops on my list to do is to transplant some annuals I started from seed. I have Marigolds to plant in my veggie garden and in my flower beds. I have cosmos to plant along the inside of my fence of my veggie garden and I have zinnias to plant in a flower bed.

Then I have still a good chunk of mulching required in my veggie garden. Once caught up there, I need to mulch my flower beds.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear the weeds growing, calling out your name. We will take over your garden, feed us more, water us more! We demand attention!
    Just got finished playing catch up. Grass was cut yesterday,(3 hours+) and weeded and thinned the garden today.
    Father's Day is just a marketing ploy, your destiny is in the garden, attending to your weeds.

    ReplyDelete