Thursday, June 4, 2009

Notes for June 4, 2009

Emptied 0.3" from the rain gauge this morning. Looks like the Moses effect is in full summer operation now. You see, the Delaware River acts like a wall of fire and doesn't let much rain cross the Delaware River from Pennsylvania into New Jersey. Then what does get across is divided like the Red Sea making the storm break up and rain to the north or to the south of my garden. Welcome to the Coastal Plain of southern New Jersey.
On another thing... it really annoys me to see sprinklers in use in the rain. This morning on my way to work I saw someone's sprinklers on and it was raining. I realize they are on timers and its on every day at this time but I think there should be an ordinance that if a sprinkler system is on a timer it should have a moisture sensor so that it doesn't run if its raining or rained recently.

1 comment:

  1. That is annoying! The water companies here in England are bad too. Last year the garden was under inches of rainwater for nearly 6 months, and they only just stopped the hosepipe ban from last Summer!

    ReplyDelete