Friday, June 26, 2009

notes for June 26, 2009

I went to the doctor's yesterday and got checked out. He said he didn't need a blood test for confirmation (which wouldn't show it for a few weeks anyway) but I have Lymes disease. I have no other symptoms but a red rash on the back of my arm where I removed a very small tick about a month ago. So now I am taking an antibiotic for three weeks.

In other news...it didn't rain yesterday!

... my Bee Balm is starting to bloom

...heard first cicada

In the veggie patch, I took a stroll through last night and trained the cuke vines back to its fence and away from the nearby tomatoes or the outer fence or just blocking the garden paths.

3 comments:

  1. Dave, Sorry to hear about the Lyme disease. That's a tough one, but luckily for you are getting it treated early. You should do fine.

    Heated up yesterday real nice, great sunshine, then it rained. All afternoon. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had three dry thunderstorms last night. I guess we've turned the corner into summer and I'll be watering every 3 to 4 days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave-
    Glad you had the Lyme's diagnosed early! It's certainly not something that you want to find out that you have after a long time. Hope you get some rain soon (we're totally dry still here.)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete